Saturday, June 25, 2011

Craftbelly


Craftbelly grew out of my obsession with handmade papers made around the world. The papers I use are usually either screen-printed or hand-painted, and I find beauty in the imperfections that each sheet carries. I decoupage them onto wooden frames and give them several coats of sealer to make it seem like they are painted right on. (I only wish I could paint like that!) For me, the joy of creating each frame starts with the repeated, almost mundane process of adhering the paper to the wood, where I get to use my hands and perfect my craft. But even though the process is the same for each one, I always get excited all over again when I finish a frame and take a good look at it. The joy continues when someone else gets excited about it too! I think they are an easy and funky way to add personality to your favorite photos and to your home.

www.craftbelly.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment