Thursday, June 23, 2011

Michelle Starbuck Designs


I use vintage and natural materials to create my limited edition and one of a kind earrings and necklaces. The materials and colors change often as I only acquire small amounts of beads, charms, and stones. I like to combine different metals and textures for contrast and try to incorporate truly unique vintage findings into the designs.

I've always been one of those people that says "I could make that". About 6 years ago, I had seen an amazing charm necklace in Lucky Magazine and realized that I had a lot of random vintage pieces from buying lots of jewelry on Ebay. I assembled them on a necklace and wore it to work. After numerous customers had asked to purchase my necklace, I decided that I should make a few more and put them out for sale at the boutique I worked at. The process of acquiring materials had been the best part. Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do with things, I just know that I like it and I must make something with it. I have to be inspired to make every single design, which is why I often end up with so many one of a kind pieces. I'm not interested in making multiples. I think jewelry should be as unique as you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment