Thursday, June 23, 2011

Purple and Lime




My work uses a variety of materials, including: eco-friendly recycled
felt, polymer clay, Swarovski crystals, laser-cut acrylic, and
unexpected objects like childhood toys and doll furniture. I really
became obsessed with felt when I started selling on Etsy- not only is
it made from recycled bottles but it is so functional and easy to use.
purpleandlime acrylic pieces are my own original designs that are
then laser-cut- the variety of colors available is amazing and very
inspiring. I find my materials in many places, including small shops
in Chicago, online, and from supplies I have collected over the years.

I've felt the need to create beautiful things since I was a child and
wanted to be a fashion designer. Most of my inspiration for
purpleandlime comes from everyday life: food, pets, and the city of
Chicago. For example, my breakfast jewelry collection was based on my
college job at a Korean/breakfast restaurant. purpleandlime is a true
expression of all that fascinates and inspires me in a fun and
colorful way!

www.purpleandlime.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/purpleandlime
http://www.flickr.com/people/purpleandlime

No comments:

Post a Comment