Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kate Funk


My work consists mostly of greeting cards that are A2-sized with different colored envelopes from Waste Not Paper. They all contain humorous photos I take with my cat and sidekick, AC, in mainly paper-made dioramas and ridiculous costumes. I also make antique silverware garden markers which are all flattened and hand-stamped by myself.

My card line actually started out as a joke. I decided to make a birthday card for one of my friends using AC in it. At the time I worked at a paper store here in Milwaukee, and the owner happened to see the card I had made on my friend's desk and asked me to make some more and sell them in her store. The rest just fell into place after that. Now I have the most amazing job in the world - I hang out with my cat all day making him costumes and dioramas and photographing it all.

www.katefunk.com
www.katefunk.etsy.com
www.katefunk.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment